COVID-19 Update June 2
The last several months have been filled with great uncertainty. Despite that, together we have continued supplying the critical infrastructure and shelter needs to the communities where we live and work. You should be proud of that fact. Still, there is no question that COVID-19 has changed how many companies, and quite possibly the world, will operate going forward. At this time, most states have begun a phased re-opening and as that occurs, the potential for exposure to COVID-19 is heightened. Thus, at Beacon, we are asking our employees to strictly adhere to the Personal Protective Measures (PPM) and the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) protocols we have put in place. Those protocols include:
- All employees are required to wear masks / face coverings when interacting with teammates, customers and suppliers.
- We are encouraging customers to use face masks or face coverings when entering our facilities to help keep our teams and your own employees safe. NOTE: Local and government ordinances requiring masks will supersede any Beacon policy or protocol.
- We have supplied touchless thermometers, hand sanitizer, gloves and face masks or face coverings for daily access / use by employees at all our locations.
- Face-to-face customer site visits will continue to be suspended until June 15th; at that time, we will begin a phased return to customer site visits by market and on an appointment basis only. NOTE: Local and government ordinances will supersede any Beacon effort or customer request for face-to-face customer site visits.
- We are committed to honoring all PPM and PPE protocols required by our customers.
- In the near term, customer meals and group ‘gatherings’ will be eliminated to avoid unnecessary social settings that heighten potential exposure and spread of COVID-19.
By implementing these measures, as well as many others, we will improve our ability to keep our team and your employees safe while working together to overcome the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
I recognize that these uncertain times can be stressful. Please know that Beacon is committed to keeping you informed and well served so that our courageous industry can continue to provide the critical infrastructure and shelter that our nation needs to keep running. Thank you for your patience and continued patronage as we work together to overcome these challenges.
Chief Operating Officer, Beacon Building Products