Roxul SAFE'n'SOUND® is a stone wool insulation product for use in interior wall partitions of residential wood and steel stud construction where superior fire resistance and acoustical performance are required. This non-combustible, lightweight product has excellent acoustical dampening properties and is dimensionally stable which makes it ideal for friction fit into walls, ceiling and floor applications. The product is chemically inert; therefore it will not promote corrosion.
- Easily cut
- Non-combustible with a melting point of approximately 1177°C (2150°F)
- Excellent Sound absorbency
- Fire-resistant due to its high melting temperature
- Does not rot or promote the growth of fungi or mildew
- Low moisture sorption
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value