AS COOL AS IT GETS. GAF Timberline® HDZ™ RS Shingles have rich, vivid color blends never before seen in a cool roof. The enhanced shadow effect and rich color blends of Timberline® HDZ™ RS Shingles combine to give your roof a striking look unmatched by any other brand. With Timberline® HDZ™ RS Shingles, you get proven performance and reliability - plus potential cooling cost savings!1
- Code Compliance: Meet the prescriptive solar reflectance and thermal emittance requirements according to the 2016 Title 24 Standards, are rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council, and meet the cool roof requirements of the Los Angeles Green Building Code. Find out more about Title 24 here.
- Beautiful Look: Feature GAF proprietary color blends and enhanced shadow effect for a genuine wood-shake look
- High Performance: Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology, which reduces the use of natural resources while providing excellent protection for your home
- WindProven™ Limited Wind Warranty: When installed with the required combination of GAF Accessories, Timberline® HDZ™ Shingles are eligible for an industry first: a wind warranty with no maximum wind speed limitation.1
- LayerLock™ Technology: Proprietary technology mechanically fuses the common bond between overlapping shingle layers
- Up to 99.9% nailing accuracy: The StrikeZone™ nailing area is so easy to hit that a roofer placed 999 out of 1,000 nails in our test.2
- Stays in Place: Our legendary Dura Grip™ sealant pairs with the smooth microgranule surface of the StrikeZone™ nailing area for fast tack. Then, an asphalt-to-asphalt monolithic bond cures for durability, strength, and exceptional wind uplift performance
- Highest Roofing Fire Rating: UL Class A, listed to ANSI/UL 790
- Peace of Mind: Lifetime limited transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first ten years.3 A cool roof from GAF helps minimize solar heat gain by reflecting incoming sun ray and re-emitting the absorbed energy - thereby reducing the heat going into the house and in the attic. This may translate into savings on air-conditioning bills.4
1 15-year WindProven™ limited wind warranty on Timberline® HDZ™ Shingles requires the use of GAF starter strips, roof deck protection, ridge cap shingles, and leak barrier or attic ventilation. See GAF Roofing System Limited Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. Visit gaf.com/LRS for qualifying GAF products.
2 Results based on study conducted by Home Innovation Research Labs, an independent research lab, comparing installation of Timberline HD® Shingles to Timberline® HDZ™ Shingles on a 16-square roof deck using standard 4-nail nailing pattern under controlled laboratory conditions. Actual results may vary.
3 See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word "lifetime" refers to the length of coverage provided by the GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty and means as long as the original individual owner(s) of a single-family detached residence [or the second owner(s) in certain circumstances] owns the property where the shingles are installed. For owners/structures not meeting the above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable.
4 Potential for savings depends on various factors including, but not limited to, radiative properties of shingles installed, climate zone, utility rates, location, and HVAC equipment efficiency. For the radiative properties of each shingle in this brochure, visit the CRRC's Rated Products Directory here.